One of the best-located places on earth, Georgia is a country located in the Eurasia. Named after King Geoge II of Great Britain, it is in the Caucasus region of Eurasia at the juncture of Eastern Europe and Western Asia, surrounded by Russia, Turkey, Azerbaijan, and Armenia. In the west, Georgia is lined by the Black Sea and the enticing country hosts a total population of 3.72 million. While the country covers an area of 67900 km sq., the religion of Georgia is primarily dominated by Georgian Orthodox and Russian Orthodox.
The Transcontinental Country, Georgia is the home of the Voronya Cave, the deepest cave in the world. The capital of Georgia is Tbilisi (Georgian Meaning - Warm) and Kartvelebi is the group of the ethnic Georgians. The profession of Wine Making is the oldest and predominant tradition of Georgia and the country is also known for the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Sites like Bagrati Cathedral, Gelati Monastery, and Upper Svaneti.
History of Georgia
The rich history of Georgia is quite fascinating as it is believed the country preserves one of the earliest evidence of Human habitation dating back to 1.7 million years. The Golden Age of the country was the period between 12th and 13th century when the political and cultural agendas reached its peak under Queen Tamar and David the builder.
Tbilisi is believed to be the home to Human Territory since 4th million BC and it was back in 337 AD that Christianity was declared as the official religion of the country. Landmarks like the port of Poti, Rioni & Mtkvari Rivers, Likhi Mountains are some of the most important places associated with Georgia Tourism.
Things to Do in Georgia
Georgia offers an excellent time for every kind of tourists and travelers. The Georgia Tourism extracts out the outlandish beauty of the country and the wide variety of Georgia Tour Packages are suited for all types of tourists. The best things to do in Georgia are as follows:
- Sulphur Bath - Though in the recent times, Sulphur Baths are catching some eyes, but this activity prevailed in the country since in 19th century. Fancied by famous writers like Tolstoy and Pushkin, the best of health giving Sulphur Bath can be experienced in Tbilisi.
- Trekking - The Tusheti National Park, included in all Georgia Tour Packages is an ideal place to trek, hike and sink in the marvelous beauty of nature.
- Horse Riding - Georgia Tourism will go incomplete if you fail to indulge in a horse riding session. Numerous special breeds of Horses are available for a thrilling horse ride.
- Birdwatching - Birdwatching is extremely famous in Georgia as it witnesses over 360 species of Birds. The spring and autumn are the best seasons to witness the most beautiful migratory birds.
- Wine Tasting - Georgia Tourism has always produced exciting activities, and wine tasting is certainly one of them. Taking the help of the Georgia Tour Packages make sure to visit the Kakheti province to taste the best wines of the country.
Do’s and Don’ts when you are in Georgia
Every country gives importance to their culture, traditions, and practices and while you are traveling to witness the best of Georgia Tourism it is important to keep a few things in mind while interacting with the locals and visiting places. Here is the list of the Do’s and Don'ts that won’t come along with the Georgia Tour Packages but will guide you for a better traveling experience in Georgia.
What to do?
- Do greet the people you are meeting for the first time with a handshake while saying “gamarjoba” (hello).
- Do remember to initiate the conversation with a new person by giving an overview and background.
- Do greet every person you meet and even while leaving with a handshake.
- Do try to finish the plate and try as many dishes as you can while dining.
- Do remember to drink wine made by the local families in a re-purposed Coke Bottle.
- Do accept if you receive any eat or drink invitation from the Georgians.
What Not to Do?
- Counting on Wi-Fi outside the capital city Tbilisi is a big no no. You might get lucky but there is a maximum chance of dismay if you hope for Wi-Fi outside of Tbilisi.
- Don’t smoke in public if you are from the west. Smoking in the streets especially out of T’bilisi leaves an impression that you are a prostitute.
- A huge part of the Georgian population still believes Tattoos are for criminals, don’t flaunt it unless you can’t cover it at all.
- Don’t… just never make any ‘Your Mom’ jokes to the locals. It is a serious offense.
- Don’t be open with your feelings towards LGBTQ and if you are one, it is better to keep the secret safe and locked.
Why Visit Georgia?
The incredible locations, lip-smacking delicacies, soaring mountains, and even the stupendous wine have made Georgia Tourism grow in multifarious ways in the recent past.
Best time to Visit Georgia
While the Georgian Tour Packages offer an amazing journey throughout the year, the best time to visit the length and breadth of Georgia is spring, between March and May. The weather is immensely enjoyable but rains can spoil the party at times. Even the months between September and November i.e. the Autumn Season is a good time to witness the bewildering beauty of Georgia. Winters are uncomfortable and the extreme cold makes it quite difficult for touring.
Places to visit in Georgia
Georgia Tourism gets extremely exciting with every passing day. Right from your arrival till you leave the country, the food and wine you get to taste in here are superb in every aspect.
You will be welcomed with a bottle of wine right in the Airport and the journey from there gets better and better. Most of the Georgia Tour Packages offers incredible dining options but these are the best dishes you must try in Georgia:-
- Khachapuri Adrajuli - You cannot be allergic to Cheese while you indulge in the best dish of Georgia. The Khachapuri Adrajuli is a blend of high carb and dairy where you get to eat a bread filled with cheese and raw egg in excess. The butter, sulguni cheese, and the egg make the bread taste outstanding in every sense.
- Churchkhela is equally eye catching and tasty. It is a result of patience and perseverance and the final product tastes amazing in every way. High on nutrition, it is a combination of concentrated grape juice poured over walnuts for a long time.
- Kinkhali - The Georgian Soup Dumpling tastes extremely good and if you wish to taste the best, judge the Kinkhali by the number of folds it has.
- Ajapsandali stands out strong among the wide variety of ratatouille served in most of Europe and the Middle East. It is spicy and the vegetables are roasted to perfection.
- Lobio - Kidney Beans might look unsatisfactory to the eyes but this preparation of dried marigold, vinegar, chilies, cilantro, and fried onions makes it a dish to relish.
- Mtsvadi is the barbecue preparation of Georgia where the meat is cooked over an open flame on a stick and it does taste awesome.
- The Udabno Monastery offering stupendous views of the grassy plains of Azerbaijan also contain incredible frescoes painted back in the 10th and 13th century.
- The Stalin Museum is a dive into the history that still holds the same contents as it had back in 1957.
- Vardizia is a cave city in Georgia which is a must visit to extract best of culture and heritage out of Georgia Tourism.
- Svetitskhoveli Cathedral reflects upon the ecstatic Georgian Church Architecture that prevailed in the 11th Century.
- Tsminda Sameba Church is located above Kazbegi and the bewildering setting with the picturesque beauty of the Mt. Kazbek in the backdrop is extremely alluring. Almost every Georgia Tour Packages constitutes of a visit to this 14th-century church.
- The Batumi Boulevard is a park strip in front of the main beach and is quite a relaxing place to be in.
- The Narikala Fortress takes one back to the architecture of 4th century and the thrilling cable car ride to reach the destination is certainly an activity to try.
Georgia is well known for the enchanting places one can visit in the country. Most of the Georgia Tour Packages take the tourists to the most outstanding locations in the country. By visiting these amazing places, you’ll realize the same about Georgia Tourism.
Historic Monuments of Georgia
Georgia is one such country that has protected its natural and manmade landmarks in the best possible ways. The Georgia Tourism takes you through the best of the Historical Monuments spread throughout the city. Choosing the best of the Georgia Tour Packages is very important to witness all.
- Svetitskhoveli Cathedral in the built in the 11th century is grand in every way and the beautiful stone carvings outside and inside of the cathedral makes it look extremely alluring.
- Gelati Monastery - A fascinating monastery complex on a wooded hillside, the Gelati Monastery is set in an enthralling location and was the cultural hub of the ‘Golden Era’ of Georgia.
- Jvari Church - One of the holiest places in Georgia, the Jvari Church is constructed on a hill top that overlooks Mtskheta in the east. The church was constructed over the cross erected back in the 4th century.
- Bagrati Cathedral - A UNESCO World Heritage Site built back in 1003, the cathedral stands out for its amazing architecture. A tall drum resting on four free standing pillars is a sight to cherish.
- Anchiskhati Basilica - The loveliest and the oldest church of Tbilisi, the stone walls and weathered frescoes of the three-nave basilica speaks loudly of the age dating back to 6th century.
Georgia Tour Packages
The best of Georgia Tourism can be experienced when the Georgia Tour Packages are taken from Musafir. We are an extremely trustworthy travel agency offering transparent pricing and accessibility. Musafir is well known for the exclusive services it caters to the tourists and when it comes to Georgia Tourism, the journey gets, even more, fun if done with Musafir. The list of services we provide in Musafir for the travelers are as follows: -
- Facilities regarding Hotel Bookings.
- Ticket Booking of Flights.
- Mandatory Visa Assistance for Georgia Tourism.
- Georgia Tour Packages at the best prices and exclusive features.
- A Customer support that stays online for you 24*7.
- Transparent pricing.
- Quick Solutions for problems arising during the travel.
- Trustworthy Services.
Georgia is a country that can aid in providing every traveler a peace of mind that he was longing for long. The extensive beauty of the country, super historical buildings, beautiful architecture, culinary dishes, numerous activities, and the taste of the wines makes it a perfect holiday destination. Choose the Georgia Tour Packages from Musafir to have an experience of unmatched Georgia Tourism.