Dubai, the land that was once endless deserts has reinvented itself. With avant-garde technology turning fantasy into a reality, Dubai has emerged as one of the strong global players. While there are ceaseless things to do in Dubai, there are experiences that make you feel royal, just like its sheikhs. Here’s a list of five things in Dubai that spell luxury like no other.
Stay at one of the most opulent hotels
Dubai's plush, royal hotels and larger than life accommodations give you a taste of extravagance and sophistication. Dubai hosts a horde of luxurious hotels that boast of theme parks, infinity pools, classic décor, fine dine and rejuvenating spas within them. A stay at these hotels is akin to living like a king, excess and overindulgent. Consider some of these while you are finalising your hotel booking.
- Atlantis The Palm: The hotel is designed such that every room here is sea-facing
- Burj Al Arab: Touted as Dubai’s only seven-star hotel with a dazzling fleet of Rolls Royce Phantoms
- Palazzo Versace Dubai: Transcends elegance, luxury and style with its historic journey through the Italian ambience
- Jumeirah Al Qasr: Live the life of a sheikh at this Arab-themed beachfront resort
Feast at some of Dubai’s most epicurean restaurants
A melting pot of cultures, Dubai’s gastronomy is inspired from the deep corners of the world. An invincible haven, Dubai’s culinary delights appeal to every palate. From the local delicacies of Arabia to the spice-infused dishes of Asia to the gourmet European cuisine, Dubai’s food journey will take you across the globe and bring you back to its traditional roots. The food journey is coupled up stylish and swanky experiences that are set apart by its dramatic positioning.
- Pierchic: Set out in the Arabian Gulf, it is known for its European seafood varieties and romantic dining
- At.mosphere Burj Khalifa: Located on the 122nd floor of Burj Khalifa, just two levels below the observation deck, it is an elegant experience akin to sky dining
- Qbara: Reinvention of traditional Arabic food by giving it a modern twist
- Nobu: Bringing to you an authentic taste of Japan right in the heart of Dubai
- La Petite Maison: An elite, French restaurant, it is the place to spot the who’s who of the industry
Pamper yourself at a relaxing spa
Treat yourself to a world of relaxation and beauty with Dubai’s best spa treatments. Unwind, rejuvenate and relax while those beautifully rich aromatic oils work their wonder on your mind, body and soul. Take with a sensory journey to de-stress each muscle of your body, and relax and refresh your mind in a pampered style.
- Talise Ottoman Spa, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
- Satori Spa, Bab Al Shams
- One&Only Royal Mirage Spa
- Anantara Spa
Indulge in unique activities and experiences
While Dubai is famous for its unparalleled engineering and futuristic mechanics, there is a lot to Dubai beyond that. While the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Burj Al Arab, Atlantis, desert safari, and souqs are among the most popular attractions in Dubai, there is a whole range of activities beyond the usual to experience its unmatched side.
- Go up in the skies with a skydiving experience
- Take a seaplane tour of Dubai
- A private yacht cruise overlooking Dubai’s coastline
- Rent a Ferrari, a Lamborghini or a Maserati for a day and drive with great pizzazz
Shop for the most luxurious brands
It’s not an unknown fact that Dubai harbours some of the world’s most luxurious brands in the world. While the Dubai Shopping Festival is famed for its sky-high discounts on brands, shopping in Dubai is much more and beyond. From the souqs to the shops, from the markets to the malls, Dubai is a shopper’s paradise. If you’re a brand-buff, you should definitely treat yourself to some of the many luxury brands that it has to offer. Name it and it’s there in Dubai, from the season’s specials to limited editions, there’s a huge collection that’ll make you go bonkers. Shop for branded clothes, perfumes, watches, accessories, gold and much more. Gucci, Prada, Chanel, Paul Smith, Emporia Armani, Bottega Veneta, Ralph Lauren, Rolex, Versace, Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo, Ermenegildo Zegna, Dior, Fendi, Dolce&Gabbana, M.A.C., Sephora, Elizabeth Arden, Ciaté London, Michael Kors and so on - there’s everything under one roof.
By Winnie Karnik