Malaysia is a beautiful Southeast Asian country, situated near the equator. It is created by merging two different regions; one is Peninsular Malaysia & East Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur is its capital and Putrajaya is the administrative center. Malaysia was a British territory, and in August 1965, it became an independent country.
Malaysia is one of the biggest tourist attractions in the South East Asia and Malaysia tour package is one of the most searched items on the internet. Every year hundreds of thousands of tourists visited and explored this beautiful country. Malaysia truly has some of the fascinating tourist destinations in the world. Malaysia is a place of diversity and so many Malaysia holiday packages for visitors to explore.
History of Malaysia
Rich cultural history, beautiful historical landmarks and mesmerizing local lifestyle attracts so many tourists from around the globe. Different tourists from various countries visit Malaysia every year and explore its beauty with Malaysia tour package, Malays is a famous for its beautiful hill stations, stunning beaches, and wild forests. You can get all the things in cheap Malaysia tour package.
Malays is a long history of civilization, and local Malay people are living here for thousands of years. Malaysia is a hub for traders since early time. This route was used by traders for spice & silk trading. Later migration from China brought latest technologies like farming and metal exploration.
Earlier Malaysia was ruled by different kings, and they have contributed heavily to the rich cultural diversity of Malaysia by keeping local traditions and customs. This is the reason why that Malaysia honeymoon package is always in demand. After European civilization, Britishers understood the strategic advantage of Malaysia and its potential as an economic asset because Malaysia was a producer of pepper, gold, and high-quality tea.
Malaysia is a country which is loved by tourists for their visit in SE Asia. This country has something to offer to everyone. You can try a different type of diving, track wild jungles, enjoy beautiful beaches, explore remarkable cities or eat delicious Malaysian food. Everything is included in Malaysia tour package.
Things to do in Malaysia
- Eat Roti Canai - Malaysia food is awesome in taste. The food has a combination of different types of flavors like India, Chinese, Thai, and Malay. You must try dish should be roti canai which is bread eaten with a spicy curry. This dining option can be tried with cheap Malaysia tour package.
- Explore the Petronas Towers At Night – These towers require no introduction and these massive twin towers are must see in every list. To see a great view, cross the connecting bridge between these two giant towers.
- Go Scuba Diving – This south-east country has so many options for scuba diving and snorkeling. You can ask your tour operator company to add best places for scuba diving in your package. It will be a great option to add in your Malaysia honeymoon package.
- Explore the Streets of Malacca - This city will take back to you in an earlier time when people had so much time, and life was at a comfortable pace. You can take bicycles on rent and explore Malacca. Old theme building and narrow road will surely make you fall in love. This is a must to do list in Malaysia holiday packages
Do’s and Don’ts When you are in Malaysia
When you visit Malaysia, one must remember that the rules and customers are different. Here is the pointwise list of things which you can do and cannot do as a tourist in Malaysia.
What to do?
- Firmly shake your hands with men you meet but never initiate with women unless they offer first.
- It is a common custom in many countries when you enter any house to take off your shoe.
- Perform all your tasks from right hand only unless you are a left-hander. Eating with the right hand is a must in Malaysia.
- There is an absolute limit to carry ringgit with you. So, if you required ringgit in a significant amount, you should convert it. You can do the same in cheap Malaysia tour package operator’s help as well.
What Not to Do?
- Do not touch any one's head because it is considered a sacred body part in Muslims. If you touch, you will consider as a rude one.
- Very strange but when pointing local people use thumb instead of the forefinger to point towards anything. So do not use a finger in pointing someone.
- Never flaunt your body anywhere; on beaches you have to cover your full body before taking a bath, when you have selected Malaysia honeymoon package.
- Avoid displaying love in public, forget about kissing; you will be considered shameful and rude.
Places to visit in Malaysia
- Langkawi - It is a bunch of island and famous as the best destination in Malaysia. Every island has distinct characteristics. There are so many dense forests, sandy beaches, and many other beautiful destinations. Various Malaysia holiday packages include this place in their offers and deals.
- Kuala Lumpur - This capital city of Malaysia is a great combination of culture and modern culture. Known as KL, it is defiantly one of the major tourist attractions in Malaysia. You can get plenty of options to do shopping in malls, nightlife and also dining delicious's. This place features in every Malaysia tour package.
- Kota Kinabalu – This city is one the rapidly growing cities in Malaysia, Kota Kinabalu is very famous for amazing fishing opportunities. This city will give you the option to see countries tallest peak, Mount Kinabalu. You can enjoy beautiful natural sites in Malaysia holiday packages, along with modern architectural structures in the city.
- Penang – This city is very famous among foodie tourists. This city will give you some of the testiest Malaysian food in different varieties. This city will give you amazing cultural scenes as there are so many religions which co-exist with each other.
Best time to visit Malaysia
The best time to visit Malaysia is between March & September. After the rainy season, plenty of tropical foliage makes this country a must visit. If you are a wildlife lover, then you should consider the dry season of March to October for visiting. You can enjoy bird watching in March & July months. To save budget, you can try Google cheap Malaysia tour package.
Must Have Food in Malaysia
Malaysia is famous for its tropical environments and multicultural diversity. This makes Malaysia a food heaven. Malaysia has everything to offer from Chinese, India, Thai, and Indonesian. Different states have a different variety to offer with its variations and versions.
- Nasi Lemak – It is undoubtedly Malaysia's No one modern food. The main recipe including rice cooking with coconut milk and served on banana leafs with the boiled end and paste of chilly. Now this food is available all the time as compared to earlier time when it was available only in morning
- Paratha - This easy to make and cheap breakfast option is very famous, especially among the Indians. All the Indian food joints offer this dish. One can enjoy the paratha with chicken or fish curry or pickle as well.
- Nasi Kerabu Kelantan – This traditional Malaysian food is very popular among the locals. This dish is not easy to make and take a lot of time to prepare. This dish required a lot of ingredients and spices.
- Lemang – It is one of the oldest Malaysian foods and still cooked in the same way as it used to be cooked earlier. Bamboo is used to cook this dish and specially made during Eid festivals. This dish may take hours to prepare thoroughly.
- Kellie's Castle, Perak - This mystery castle was planned by WK Smith, a Scottish planter 1915. He had ordered to build this place so that he can stay there while on duty. This castle looks stunning with a dense forest of the peak.
- The City Hall, Penang – This hundred century-old hall, is one the first building in Panag which have complete facilities for fans and electric lights. This building was used as Municap offices center.
- Kuala Lumpur Railway Station – This iconic railway station was designed by master architect Benison humpback. It was constructed in India Mughal style with beautiful dome-shaped pavilions.
- Carcosa Seri Negara, Kuala Lumpur - This place provides you stunning hilltop views. This building is more than two hundred years old; it was used as the official residence of British high commissioner.
- St. Mary's Cathedral, Kuala Lumpur - This KL prime location is one of the oldest Anglican churches. Earlier the building was made with simple timber, but slowly it was transformed with metal windows, glass, and tiles.
- Atkinson Clock Tower - This oldest standing building in the city is still in running conditions. It was built more than hundred years ago with total wood without any metal or tiles. The clock tower is still functional and provides accurate time to city locals.
Air travel is the best possible option to visit Malaysia. KL International airport in Sepang is the major hub which provides direct flights connectivity with the main cities around the world. Malaysia airlines provide direct connectivity to various major destinations. Other airlines which offer flights are Singapore Airlines, Air Asia, and Pacific airlines. Malaysia honeymoon package is one of the hot favorites among tourists around the world.
One can try to have a train ride to reach Malaysia. Both Singapore and Thailand have daily train services to Malaysia.
If you like to have a long drive, you can opt for car riding from Singapore or Thailand which provides excellent connectivity.
Why travel with Musafir?
- Musafir is one of the best holiday tour providers around the globe. It has one of the biggest networks of hotels, car rental packages, and tourism helpline numbers as well. With Musafir, one can have the best online deals for Malaysia holiday tours & packages.
- Musafir does not apply any hidden cost in the terms & conditions. You will be charged only what is explained to you.
- Musafir is expert in this field and can provide you the best possible solutions.
- Musafir will save your money & time by giving you most suitable options.
- Musafir has the complete knowledge about the visa formality and passport requirement.